If you are concerned about this landfill, the best ways to individually participate and make a difference is to send a written Comment to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) via web or letter or fax, AND attend all public meetings held about the proposed landfill.
Below is the pending permit number, web, address and fax number for you:
On all correspondence, please reference “Pending Permit Application # 2378” (also required to file an online Comment).
Web: Go to http://www.tceq.texas.gov/about/e-comments.html to submit your written Comment to the TCEQ. One the page select “Pending Permit Application”.
Send a letter:
TCEQ Chief Clerks Office PO Box 13087 Austin, TX 78711-105 Attn: Pending Permit Application # 2378
Fax: TCEQ Fax number: 512-239-3311
Join the fight! Send in a Comment Today!
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is the environmental agency for the state. The TCEQ’s job is to protect Texas’s human and natural resources consistent with sustainable economic development. Their goal is clean air, clean water, and the safe management of waste in Texas. The TCEQ will be the state agency responsible for making the decision about whether to grant the landfill permit, and be responsible for regulating the landfill if the permit is granted.
According to the TCEQ, they will:
- base decisions on the law, common sense, good science, and fiscal responsibility;
- ensure that regulations are necessary, effective, and current;
- apply regulations clearly and consistently;
- ensure consistent, just, and timely enforcement when environmental laws are violated;
- ensure meaningful public participation in the decision-making process;
- promote and foster voluntary compliance with environmental laws and provide flexibility in achieving environmental goals; and
- hire, develop, and retain a high-quality, diverse workforce.
To date, Stop Post Oak Dump has had a very positive interaction with the TCEQ. They have shown by their actions that they take their stated philosophy about ensuring meaningful public participation in the decision making process very seriously.
Stop Post Oak Dump